Train for a new career in the growing
field of residential weatherization!
- MUST PASS DRUG SCREEN AND BASIC MATH / READING TEST
- MUST RESIDE IN DOUGLAS, BRONZEVILLE, WOODLAWN OR NEW CITY NEIGHBORHOODS
- MUST BE MOTIVATED TO SUCCEED AND ABLE TO ATTEND ALL SCHEDULED CLASSES DURING THE 10 WEEK COURSE
- CLASSES MEET IN THE EVENINGS AND SATURDAYS
- PREVIOUS CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE HELPFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED
- WEEKLY STIPEND PROVIDED
This FREE part-time course prepares you for certification with the Building Performance Institute. This national certification is the industry standard in residential weatherization work. You will learn the theories behind residential weatherization and gain hands-on experience installing insulation and air-sealing measures. Workers in this and other green construction fields earn competitive salaries.