Between January 1, 2009 and September 30, 2013, 72 people have been killed by Chicago Police Department officers. They were among the 252 people that have been shot by police. The Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression and the Organizing Committee to Stop Police Crimes are doing something about this! Here is a summary of legislation we have drafted creating an elected Civilian Police Accountability Council. Here is the full text of the proposed legislation. To get this law enacted it will be necessary for the members of the City Council and the Mayor to understand that the people, the victims of crime and police crime, will not tolerate any more a Police Department that acts as if it were above the law. The petition campaign for 100,000 signatures supporting and elected CPAC is the first step. Be part of this movement! Volunteer today! Get involved!
We are campaigning for 100,000 signatures on the petition for an elected Civilian Police Accountability Council by May 1, 2014
More from Currents NewsMore posts in Currents News »
- Governor Pritzker, Illinois Home Owners Say Veto SB 508
- ChiBizHub Small Business Announcements July 23, 2021
- Who Rules Haiti? Black Alliance for Peace Condemns Undermining of Haitian National Sovereignty
- Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. to be greeted by welcome home coalition at O’Hare International Airport after receiving France’s highest awardRev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. to be greeted by welcome home coalition at O’Hare International Airport after receiving France’s highest award
- Nestle Reveals Secret Project