It was a beautiful day on June 24th in Chicago on the South-side at the Guarantee field home of the Chicago White Sox. It was a sell out crowd, the Sox fans packed the stadium to see the all time great Mark Buehrle, number 56, the number retired Mark Buehrle.
Mark Buehrle Day At Guarantee Field
His son and his daughter Brook sang the national anthem through out the first pitch. A few lucky fans gathered outside front of Guaranteed field to witness the unveiling of the # 56. It now sits among many other greats like Carlton Fisc.
Mark Buehrle took photos, then it was back to the game. The Oakland A’s were ahead and kept getting men on base, while the White Sox struggled to do the same thing. The final score was 10 to 2 Oakland A’s, they beat the Chicago White Sox.
More from Currents NewsMore posts in Currents News »
- Tax Tip 2021-52: Do’s and don’ts for taxpayers who get a letter or notice from the IRS
- Understaffed Nursing Homes Put Residents at Greater Risk of Fatal Falls
- These ants can shrink and regrow their brains
- TSA prepared for summer travelers with updated security procedures
- The Black Chamber of Commerce of Illinois