Jesse Brown VA Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois started the Healing Heroes Program to celebrate patients who are discharged from the medical center after conquering a life-threatening illness including COVID-19. These patients receive a celebratory escort from the unit to the facility exit while employees cheer and applaud the patient’s release. The Healing Heroes Program is a celebration of patient survival as well as the staff’s dedication to getting them there.
Chicago VA Celebrates Veterans Through the Healing Heroes Program
More from Currents NewsMore posts in Currents News »
- Tax Tip 2021-52: Do’s and don’ts for taxpayers who get a letter or notice from the IRS
- Understaffed Nursing Homes Put Residents at Greater Risk of Fatal Falls
- These ants can shrink and regrow their brains
- TSA prepared for summer travelers with updated security procedures
- The Black Chamber of Commerce of Illinois