Jesse Brown VA Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois started the Healing Heroes Program to celebrate patients who are discharged from the medical center after conquering a life-threatening illness including COVID-19. These patients receive a celebratory escort from the unit to the facility exit while employees cheer and applaud the patient’s release. The Healing Heroes Program is a celebration of patient survival as well as the staff’s dedication to getting them there.
Chicago VA Celebrates Veterans Through the Healing Heroes Program
More from Currents NewsMore posts in Currents News »
- Illinois Colleges Requiring COVID-19 Vaccine: See The List
- What is Self Employment Assistance Program?
- Indianapolis homeowner files discrimination complaint after removal of Black identifiers leads to $100,000 appraisal increaseIndianapolis homeowner files discrimination complaint after removal of Black identifiers leads to $100,000 appraisal increase
- Governor Pritzker, Illinois Home Owners Say Veto SB 508
- ChiBizHub Small Business Announcements July 23, 2021