Reprint from AARP https://www.aarp.org/aarp-foundation/
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, AARP Foundation is prioritizing the health of those we serve and the community at large. All of our in-person events are on hold for now, based on local health guidance.
The following programs are affected:
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide – Currently, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide services are suspended until further notice.
- AARP Foundation Experience Corps – Currently, Experience Corps volunteer tutoring services are suspended. All of our program offices are still open through teleworking if you seek additional information.
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) – As of now, SCSEP participants will be on paid leave until further notice. Project directors will continue to operate the program remotely, and further decisions will be made as circumstances dictate.
- Work for Yourself@50+ – With in-person workshops on hold for now, several of our community partners are hosting Work for Yourself@50+ workshops online. Please visit Work for Yourself@50+ to register for an online workshop.
- BACK TO WORK 50+ – If you are unsure about the status of a workshop, please call 855-850-2525 to obtain information about cancellations in your area.
We are exploring the delivery of online workshops for some of our workforce programs, and looking at virtual options for other events.
General announcements about AARP Foundation and its services will be updated on this page. Be sure to follow CDC guidelines (as detailed at cdc.gov) while participating in any AARP Foundation programs and services.