Excerpts from AARP
AARP Live Q&A Events: The Coronavirus
AARP is hosting a regular series of Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Halls. Please bookmark this page and join us each Thursday for the latest information on the coronavirus by calling toll-free 855-274-9507.
2 Tele-Town Halls on May 14 at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
1 p.m. ET – Coronavirus: Veterans
Experts will answer your questions and address how to navigate benefits and health services through the VA and general health care providers. Find out how to coordinate caregiving support and stay connected to loved ones in VA long-term care facilities. Get help managing your finances and accessing unemployment and stimulus payments. Learn how you can protect your well-being and stay sharp while handling stress, anxiety, and other adverse effects of physical distancing. Call toll-free 855-274-9507 to ask a question and listen to the live event here on Thursday.
Meet the experts
- Rashi Venkataraman Romanoff, Vice President of Programs and Partnerships, Elizabeth Dole Foundation
- Lynda Davis, Ph.D., Chief Veterans Experience Officer, Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Charlie Koon, Vice President of Corporate and Military Development, F&M Bank
7 p.m. ET – Stay at Home With Experts Ty Pennington, Carla Hall & Matt Paxton
AARP is pleased to welcome repair and remodeling expert Ty Pennington, chef Carla Hall and professional organizer Matt Paxton to our live Q&A event to address your questions about home repair, meal prep and getting organized. These lifestyle experts can help you make the most of your extended time at home while physical distancing and sheltering in place continues. Call toll-free 855-274-9507 to ask a question and watch the live video event here on Thursday.
Meet the experts
- Matt Paxton, one of the top clean-up experts in the U.S., was featured on A&E’s ‘Hoarders,’ is the author of The Secret Lives of Hoarders and stars in the new PBS series ‘Legacy List with Matt Paxton.’
- Carla Hall is a chef and culinary contributor to ‘Good Morning America,’ an award-winning cookbook author, a host on ABC’s ‘The Chew,’ and was a popular competitor on Bravo’s ‘Top Chef.’
- Ty Pennington is a carpenter, author, and star of design television, including hit shows ‘Trading Spaces’ and ‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.’
For the latest coronavirus news and advice, go to AARP.org/coronavirus.