Press "Enter" to skip to content
Do you have IT experience?
Want to Get Back to Work?
Here’s your chance.
Submitted by: Marla Thompson
MicroTrain, through the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership, has been awarded a National Emergency Grant (NEG) grant to administer a program to help get unemployed residents of Cook County back to work. We are actively seeking applicants for round two of this program.
The program combines certification training and a paid internship to assist individuals who are close to exhausting unemployment benefits with obtaining industry relevant IT training, certifications and work experience. The program consists of an 8 week training period, followed by 8 weeks of paid work experience where clients work at a direct hire company in an IT helpdesk position.
WE NEED YOU:
We need you to contact us if you think you might qualify and want a chance to get back to work in the Information Technology field.
You must be about to, or have exhausted your unemployment benefits within the past three months. You need to either live in, or your last job must have been located in Cook County. Ideally candidates should possess a minimum of between 1-3 years of IT experience in a support capacity (helpdesk 1, tech support, desktop support…).
If you aren’t sure you qualify, please CONTACT US TO FIND OUT.
– Between 1-3 years of helpdesk or entry level IT support (tech support, desktop support), OR customer support/troubleshooting in a fast paced environment supporting end users using technology
– Experience supporting users in a Windows environment
– Associate’s degree in technology (or related field), OR a combination of previous formal IT training/certifications
– Candidates should have a 12th grade reading and math ability
– Must be able to lift 20+lbs frequently, bend, stand and crouch (lifting and hooking up computers)
– Must be open to working 2nd shift if necessary
– Break/fix abilities
– Microsoft OS Experience, able to configure desktop and familiar with mal-ware
– Ghosting /PC Imaging
– Remote Support Tools (SCCM or any other like this)
– Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS
– Mac OS Experience
– Worked within a ticketing system
– Mobile Support (iPhone, Android)
Deadline to apply: Extended…but closing soon, so call today.
Make Sure Your Resume is on Illinoisjoblink.com
Illinois businesses are hiring. And they are looking for workers on Illinoisjoblink.com The state’s hiring board features more than 100,000 help-wanted ads. Job seekers can build multiple resumes to emphasize different skills and experiences. Business owners can use keyword matching technology to search resumes and find the best candidate. Illinoisjoblink.com is free for workers and employers. It compares favorably to private efforts that cost hundreds of dollars. No-cost HR recruitment services are available at the website and at (877) 342-7533.
Find a job/Find an Employee